Sunday, May 4, 2014

Best Journal Entry

     "Because I will not do them the wrong to mistrust any, I will
do myself the right to trust none. And the fine is, for the
which I may go the finer, I will live a bachelor." (Act 1 Scene 1).

     The quote above, said by Benedick, is explaining how he feel on the subject of relationships. He feels that he cannot trust any woman. Before this quote, he tells that he will not allow any woman to make a fool of him, meaning he will not get married because he does not want to be cheated on. In this quote, Benedick is saying that he must do what is best for him.
     Benedick thinks that it would be in his best interest to trust no woman. He is saying that he does not wish to insult any woman by doubting or mistrusting her, and so that he does not, he will just avoid all women. To end his quote, he concludes that he will live as a bachelor, and with the money he saves, he will dress better. I can connect with what is said in this quote because I sometimes can have a cynical view of men (and women) in relationships, too. I sometimes feel the need to isolate myself from others and not trust anyone because I don't want to get hurt any more.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home